Friday, January 23, 2015

Back from dhamma camp

This was the first time i joined an english based dhamma camp.
Although it was hard for me to pick up at the beginning, it did leave great inspiration on me.
The past, what I learnt were theory
Now,
I might relate it in my daily life.
I start to recognise.
At the sense that when I know how the life works,
I feel no more fear.
Right understand how impermanence works and how should i deal with it.
The thing is that the things are not scary or abnormal,
it is just how our thought create the fear.
After getting through this camp,
I was like awakened from some problems that troubled me for so long.
I felt relieved, calm and peaceful.
Then I was passionate to get back home and share to my parents.
The sentence I like the most throughout this camp was
"How people treat you is their karma, how you respond is your karma"
Perhaps it sounds heavy or urging but it did make me think and think deeply in my mind.

So when I get back home tonight, 
I was trying the right time to talk to my parents.
You know,
sometimes we do things without knowing why we are doing.
I asked my parents:
"what is buddhism to you?"
Surprising that my dad questioned me back "what is religion?"
it made me realise that,
We might spend half of our lifetime serving or doing without having right understanding and intention. It's sarcastic.
So I continued to share my experience and my thoughts throughout the camp.
I started something I never tried with my parents before.
Sharing.
It is a wonderful thing to share, 
but most of the time we tend to ignore it.
This was also the first time I astonished my mom.
I really hope that my parent would really start a nice improvement with me.
We can grow together and feel peaceful, harmless and happiness.
May us never be separated from the Buddha's teaching and live wisefully.
Sadhu sadhu sadhu.
The first ever peaceful mind I ever had. :)

I'm blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment